Gambling can generate harmful effects and some players should be concerned about their gambling habits, so it is very important to maintain self-control. Accordingly for such players, we provide the following questionnaire from Gamcare which may give players the necessary guidance:
- Have you ever been criticized for gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount you have gambled or time you have spent doing it?
- Do you gamble alone for long periods?
- Do you stay away from work, university or college to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- Are you reluctant to spend “gambling money” on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or pastimes due to gambling?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your money is gone?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or to pay gambling debts?
- Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, gambling may have become a problem to you and we urge you to seek professional help and advice.